Sunday, August 12, 2007

on Pumpkin Butts and other projects ...

Am headed to a convention in less than a couple weeks and am a MASTERcrastinator, some are PROcrastinators, apparently I've hit master status.

My goal for this convention is make and sell enough doll clothes in the room sales to pay for the trip (and maybe then some - we still need a new couch for the kids' romper room, a nice one-piece futon couch from Big Lots will work just fine). The problem? I only started sewing three weeks before the convention. At any rate, I've been having fun coming up with patterns that fit a somewhat wide range of 60cm female ball jointed dolls.

So far I've made a dirndl, a couple of cowgirl outfits (one corseted, one not), a Bo-Peep dress, a corset for a Can-Can outfit, and Pumpkin Butts.

Pumpkin Butts? Yes, Pumpkin Butts. Short bubble skirts of iridescent orange fabric with a large "squash flower & vine" ribbon embroidery on it, sashed by an iridescent lime green and orange ribbon. Sounds ridiculous, but cute as all get out in my oh-so unbiased opinion. I am keeping the prototype, the knit inner-layer got a little twisted, so I won't sell it.

I still need to make another dirndl, finish two Can-Can outfits - might skip those and just make the crap-load of corsets, also lace wrap blouses in both black and white, sets of stretch lace blouses (a set equals one black, one white), some peasant skirts, some "Milagra" dresses, some "Francesca" dresses, and wiggy caps for table gifts for the finale Black & White Ball event.

So what am I doing here? Procrastinating.

No comments: